Classes and Workshops
Current Class Schedule, class descriptions and Sign up Forms
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Please pre-register for classes. Payment is due at time of registration. Pay over the phone by credit card during business hours at (414)747-9229, stop in the store, or buy now with Paypal.
- Classes are limited to 6 people to ensure proper instruction; be sure to reserve your spot EARLY.
Must have at least 3 students per class or participants will be moved to the next available date.
- All students must provide their own machine and certain supplies for each class unless otherwise noted. (There are two machines available for a $5 rental fee, first come first served)
Current Class Schedule
::METALSMITHING FOUNDATIONS: THE JEWELER'S SAW::
Sunday December 7th 1-5 PM
::CARD MAKING AND PAPER RAFTING::
Saturday December 6th 2-4 pm
Saturday December 20th 2-4PM
METALSMITHING FOUNDATIONS : THE JEWELER'S SAW :: Instucted by Angelica
$120 :: 4 hours **You must register in advance so the tool kits can be ordered in time!**
Learn to use a jeweler's saw to cut intricate shapes from metal. A jeweler's saw is a small hand saw with very fine blades for cutting or piercing shapes in metal. This fundamental tool is essential in most metalsmithing techniques and learning to use it is the foundation to build your skills as a metalsmith. You will learn to thread your saw properly, care for the blades, cut metal into shapes, and the proper techniques for cutting to minimize saw breakage and saw a design quickly and precisely. You will be learning on copper and/or brass, though these skills are used on precious metals as well.
You will learn to saw using a design of your choice and most students will be able to take home a finished or nearly finished pendant or other small piece for use in your jewelry. The tools in the provided kit will be yours to take home to use on other projects and in future metalsmithing classes. You may also purchase the items needed for your kit on your own, though you must have all the tools required to participate in the class. You must also sign a liability waiver to participate.
Tools provided in the kit:
- 3" or larger jeweler's saw frame
- saw blades (you must have at least 12 quantity of 5/0 blades if providing your own)
- needle files (flat, half round, round, tapered, and triangular shapes are all necessary)
- bench pin with clamp
- copper and brass sheet - 22 or 24 gauge
- 1000 grit and 600 grit sandpaper
Tools you must bring to class
- safety glasses
- dust mask
- small designs ( under 2", silhouettes work well) that you'd like to use keeping in mind that they must be able to be cut from metal. Some designs will be provided.
- a sturdy backpack or bag to bring home your tools
Other shared tools and materials will be provided.
The fee for the tool kit is $65.00
The fee for the class is $55.00
CARD MAKING:: Instructed by Camille Dykas
$25:: 2 hours
Camille, a local card designer from Paper Stamp and Ink, would like to welcome you to a card class to learn the art of cardmaking and papercrafting. The class will show you the steps and techniques involved in creating a card from the thought process of a sketch to the final design. Learn how to use various tools needed for the craft as well as exciting products that will transform your card into a work of art. Classes will alter between some of the following techniques: Bokeh, embossing, watercolor resist, masking, stamp etching, using die cuts, stencils, alcohol markers, color blocking, shadow stamping, monoprinting, and also some innovative techniques for waxpaper, baby wipes and dryer sheets. Classes are tailored from basics and beyond. Supplies will be included. Cards are featured in the store